31 août, 2023
OIM Mali Rejoignez notre équipe ! Nous recrutons un(e) Officier(e) des Ressources Humaines. Date limite : 08 septembre 2023.
Position Title : Human Resources Officer
Duty Station : Bamako, Mali
Classification : National Officer, Grade NO-A
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 8 September 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of Resources Management Officer (RMO) and overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Mali, and in close collaboration with the Human Resource Management (HRM) Units at Headquarters (HQ), Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and the Regional Office in Dakar, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the Human Resources functions of the Country Office and its Sub-Offices
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- · In coordination with the RMO, oversee the Human Resources Management function in the Country Office including its Sub-Offices in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures and practices. Advise the RMO and the CoM on interpreting and applying IOM’s Human Resources policies, rules and regulations, as well as standards and techniques taking into account the Country Office’s activities.
- · Supervise and monitor the work of the Human Resources staff in carrying out all human resources administrative transactions, including preparation of personnel actions, updating PRISM HR, and processing of contracts. Conduct the SES appraisals of directly reporting staff.
- · Liaise with external IOM partners on HR related policies. Act as a Focal Point for the external HR Companies in terms of recruitment and deployment of staff for the working in emergency areas. Review and process all the HR related documentation received from the HR Companies.
- · Monitor and supervise the maintenance of the personnel files and attendance records of the Country Office correctly and in line with organizational standards.
- Assist in supervising the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness. Assume the responsibility for Payroll Posting and work in close coordination with HR staff in order to validate and verify the payroll simulation before the monthly pay run and posting of national staff payroll in PRISM HR.
- Assist the RMO with roll-out and implementation of new policies, instructions, and procedures within the Country Office.
- Assist the RMO in coordination, planning and organization of staff development and training activities for the Mali office in close collaboration with Human Resources Management/ Staff Development and Learning (HRM/SDL). Collaborate with line managers to assist in establishing staff development and training priorities and plans. Deliver induction and other forms of trainings to staff.
- Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the CO’s HR and Training database, and in conjunction with the Security Unit, ensure staff abidance of all mandatory and recommended security briefings and trainings.
- Monitor the contractual status and the administration of entitlements of local staff in the PRISM HR module. Monitor and ensure effective administration of the PRISM HR Organizational Management module.
- · Oversee the orientation of new staff, ensure appropriate briefing, and be responsible for the preparation and update of the “Welcome Package”, and able to assume functions at the Mali Office in a timely fashion.
- Discuss audit recommendations on HR matters and in coordination with the RMO implement them upon instruction within the HR function.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Social Sciences or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Masters degree in the above fields with two years professional experience.
- Working experience in management and supervisory administration in all facets of HR, Talent acquisition, talent management, administration of staff contracts and entitlements, interpretation and implementation of staff rules and regulations and development of HR guidelines in a complex humanitarian environment;
- · Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems is an advantage; and,
- A high degree of computer literacy is required; good knowledge of MS Office suite and ERP systems is essential.
Fluency in English and French is required.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – works effectively with client and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services.
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 September 2023 at the latest, referring to the reference number VN-ML-05- 2023
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 25.08.2023 to 08.09.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.