WORLD VISION MALI
World Vision Mali recrute la position suivante (1) :
TITLE: Communication Coordinator
Contract type: Local
Report to: HUB Communication Manager
World Vision does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
World Vision does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply for.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to produce a wide range of written and photographic communications resources/materials and manage platforms linked to the five focus areas of WV Communications that helps profile and market World Vision Mauritania and Mali’s work, both local and international.
Major responsabilities :
Donor/Public Engagement Communications
- Initiate and carry out the production of stories, photos and other materials/resources gathering assignments according to WVI standards for effective donor and public engagement.
- Collect quality photos and impact driven stories that highlight WVM’s work and effect of donors’ contribution in the lives of children.
- Prepare and edit stories that are pitched or submitted to ContentFlow and Story Hub.
- Work with ADP / Base Managers in collecting quality stories, photographs and news articles that can be use in local media, international and blog sites.
- Execute digital communications strategies and manage social media platforms and communities as agreed upon with the Communications Hub Manager
- Collect advocacy stories, write and publish over web or blog site.
- Develop and produce IEC Materials for different advocacy campaign undertaken by WVM
- Provide support to other departments engaged in any form of campaign / project which promotes behavioral change.
- Execute communications strategies for advocacy campaigns in a support or lead capacity.
- Plan, manage and coordinates with different department heads in gathering and producing communications resources such as Calendars, Christmas card, Annual Report and Newsletters.
- With the regional/hub support and guidance, execute required Communications Policies and Communications Strategy, ensure staff understanding and monitor for complaince.
- Develop and maintain key media contacts and facilitate visits from other World Vision/external partners.
- Promote and protect the image of WV Mauritania and build relationships with different media houses.
- Facilitate local and international media visits to market & profile WVM
- Liaise with various print and electronic media to market WVM programmes.
- Support the handling and management of all media crisis communications within the guidelines of the NO, RO and WVI.
- Give support to soliciting the services of both the print and electronic media to partner with World Vision in articulating issues for public advocacy and general media communication.
- Ensure the proliferation and familiarization of all WV branding protocols by all staff
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure the proper branding of all WVM branded materials, monitoring for deviation and correction, compliance and visibility
- Working with all external partners to ensure the sanctity of our brand and the proper usage of our identity materials.
- An energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically, plan and meet deadlines.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or related Field.
- At least 3 years (or more) relevant working experience in related field
- Excellent writing, photographic and Video skills is required.
- English and French language fluency (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Team player with good organizational skills.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 40-50 % Domestic travel is required.
- On call: During HEA emergencies and Media Crises : 30%
Attitudes and behaviors :
World Vision se réserve le droit de disqualifier un candidat qui a des antécédents relatifs à la violence faite aux enfants ou aux comportements opposés à la protection de l’enfance, et ce même après l’embauche.
How to apply: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-mali
*Deadline for submission of applications: December 4ht, 2019
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.