22 février, 2022
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Human Resources and Administrative Officer
Number of Positions : 01
Duty Station : Bamako
Classification : National Officer, Grade NOA
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : March 07, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with the Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in the management of human resources of the Country Office, including recruitment (ensuring gender balance) and related recommendations, retention, promotion, separation, and other administrative actions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Resources Management Officer in overseeing the Human Resources Management function in the Country Office in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures, and practices.
2. Provide recommendations to the Resources Management Officer on interpreting and applying IOM’s Human Resources policies, rules, and regulations, as well as standards and techniques taking into account the Country Office’s activities; and ensure that local administrative procedures are in place, followed and in accordance with these practices.
Page 1 / 4
3. Oversee the maintenance of personnel files and ensure that attendance records of
the staff in the Country Office are maintained.
4. Coordinate with the RMO and ensure the establishment of personnel policies and
practices for national staff.
5. Coordinate with the Finance Unit on delivery of benefits/privileges and deductions to
6. Oversee the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff, including the
correctness of the payroll for TPC staff.
7. Coordinate with RMO/Finance Officer to ensure the monthly cost distribution is
uploaded correctly in PRISM.
8. Coordinate and monitor updating of the Country Office’s Human Resources
9. Plan and organize the staff development and training for the Country Office in close collaboration with RMO and SDL, including the establishment of staff development and training priorities and plans; train the human resources department staff and administrative staff of Sub-Offices as needed.
10. Participate in planning staffing issues and coordinate the elaboration of project staffing tables, including vacancies and use of temporary assistance to meet exceptional work requirements.
11. Supervise and ensure the steps of the recruitment process that includes the elaboration and/or review terms of references, shortlisting of applicants and ensure interviews are undertaken correctly.
12. Prepare reports pertaining to personnel administration of staff of IOM Mali, as
13. Assist the RMO in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required by
14. Oversee the training, monitoring and the implementation on the Country Office’s
performance appraisal system.
15. Provide support to the Country Office on administrative actions; assist in setting-
up and implementing effective administrative procedures and internal controls.
16. Ensure local staff Compensation Plan regulation is implemented and ensure
assistance in the case of occupational accident/illness with PAC.
17. Reinforce Standard of Conduct and respectful working environment. Ensure commitment to maintaining mutual respect, safety, and tolerance in the workplace.
18. Coordinate and oversee the contract issuance for the staff under third party contractors and ensure on delivery of benefits/privileges and deductions to the TPC employees.
Page 2 / 4
19. Coordinate Sub Offices HR activities
20. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in International Relations, Human Rights, Peace and Conflict
Studies, Political or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional
Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems, knowledge of staff
rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection
practices and training programmes.
Capacity to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities. Ability to
prepare clear and concise reports.
High degree of computer literacy; good knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
Working experience in Human Resources an asset.
Excellent communication skills.
Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity,
Ability to lead and coach individuals and to work effectively and harmoniously
with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
English and French (Fluent)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across
units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and
timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge,
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and
assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies1 – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and
demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to
realize and develop their potential.
Empowering others and building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an
enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their
Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s
goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. All applicants must hold Malian nationality.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover letter) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 07, 2022, at the latest, referring to this advertisement VN-ML-08- 2022.